Friday, September 8, 2017

Catching Up With the Oakglen

The next ship is another that I wasn't expecting.
 I was going to leave after the Kaye E. Barker.  It looked like it was going to start raining and I was getting hungry but then I looked at AIS.
 I saw that the Oakglen was coming down.  Then I looked at this blog to see the last time I saw her and found it that it was three year ago.
 I hated to pass up on the opportunity to catch her, especially since there are rumors that she will be on her way to the torches soon.
 And judging by her appearance, that could possibly be true.  Or it might not be.  I think she is one of the ships that will head up near the mouth of the Gulf of St. Lawrence.  That exposes her to salt which doesn't help her appearance. 
 After the waves of the last couple of ships, this one seems a little calmer.  It was also a little eerie.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
I left after catching her and it started to rain hard.  It made for a fun drive home.

No comments: