Friday, September 8, 2017

A Pair of Ann Arbor Railroad Engines in Pittsfield

As I was heading into work on Tuesday, I took my mostly normal route.  It will take me by the tracks in the hopes of catching a train.
 And it actually worked on Tuesday as  I saw a pair of Ann Arbor Railroad engines waiting at the Pittsfield Yard.  I'm not sure what they were doing though.
 I've always wanted to get a shot of a train with leading lines but generally the only leading lines for a train are the tracks.  Given the situation of the tracks at this place, I didn't feel unsafe standing where I was.  Behind me there is about a 100 feet of tracks.  The two engines were stopped so I didn't have to worry about a train in front of me.  Plus I was shooting with a telephoto, so I would have time if something happened.  I was also standing at the crossing.

Normally it is not a good idea to be on the tracks though.  Unless you are a train or in a train.
The train didn't move though, otherwise I might have tried to catch it elsewhere.

No comments: