Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Continuing on to South Haven

I ended up taking the Blue Star Highway north from St Joseph.  Again, I was taking the back roads.  If you aren't particularly pressed for time, it's a nice relaxing way to go.
 My next stop was the South Haven Lighthouse.  Again, it was still a pretty nice day for it.
 I liked the look of this flag.
 Taking the long view of the pier.
 A sail boat heads out to Lake Michigan.
 The water on the pier wasn't quite as bad as St. Joseph, so I didn't get the nice reflection shots like I got there.
 Getting a little closer.
 A view I haven't taken in a while.
 Walking back to the other side.
 Walking back.
 I think I've posted pictures of this church before, but I never went into its details.  St. Basil Catholic Church was founded in 1857 by Father DeMize.  During this time, church services were held in various homes in the area.  In 1884, a small chapel was built.  Construction on the current church was completed in 1923.  It was renovated in 2016.
 Back to taking pictures of the lighthouse.
 A boat coming in.
the view from the beach.

No comments: