Monday, October 23, 2017

Stopping at the Pere Marquette 1223

I haven't stopped by this train in the past couple of times I've been to Grand Haven.  I like getting pictures of it occasionally.
 The Pere Marquette is the sister engine to the more famous Pere Marquette 1223.  She was made into part of a park a while ago.
 One nice thing about a stationary engine is that I can try for some shots that I wouldn't normally try.  Her road boards and bell.
 The almost straight on shot.  Under normal circumstances,  I wouldn't try to get this shot but I'm pretty sure she's not going anywhere.
 Her drive wheels.
 I'm not sure what this part is.
 The beam shot.

 An oiler.

 I kind of like this angle.  I wish I could get a better shot without the fence in the way.
A front shot of her road numbers.

No comments: