Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Sykes Enters Grand Haven

So the main reason for me heading over to Grand Haven was to catch the Sykes.  She is rapidly becoming my favorite ship.  I'm not sure she will replace the Blough but she can certain move up the list.
 When I saw that she wasn't coming into Grand Haven, I decided to head over to the State Park to see if I could get some decent pictures of her.
 It turns out that she was parked in a spot where I could do just that.  It also helped that the sun was setting and I think that made for some cooler pictures of her.
 I was just trying different angles and different amounts of horizon.
 And one more shot.
 After catching the lightshow, I saw that she was making her way into the Grand River.  Fortunately, my camera has pretty decent high ISO capability.  Sadly, they might be a little grainy.
 But for purposes of this blog, they aren't too bad.
 A head shot.
 And she makes the turn in front of me.  There was just enough mist in the air to make her search beam look like a laser beam.
 another shot as she continues on her way.

 I might have to see if I can lighten these a bit.
 As much of a stern shot as I could get from where I was.
And she continues on to her dock.

No comments: