Monday, May 17, 2010

Cheboygan

This time we decided to go back down US-23 for a bit. Stopped in Cheboygan as they have a few lighthouses.

This is the Fourteen Foot Shoal Lighthouse which was built in 1930. It is still in use.

This is the crib lighthouse. It is now inactive and built here by the residents of Cheboygan after they learned that the Coast Guard was going to dismantle it.

A shot of the tower.

A shot from out on the pier.

This is the Poe Reef Lighthouse built in 1929.

And you can still see the Bridge from Cheboygan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mikoyan,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Cheboygan to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane