Sunday, December 14, 2014

Starting Off With the Saginaw

I decided to head up to Port Huron yesterday to catch some ships.  It looked like it would be a good day for boatwatching.
 I didn't arrive up there in time to catch her at the Blue Water Bridge but I didn't miss her by much there, so I headed down to a spot in Port Huron where I can catch them.
 The straight out shot.
 Then I decided I wanted some close up shots.  A shot of her pilothouse.  She has the configuration of a classic laker.  I love her pilothouse.
 The Canadian flag flying proudly in the breeze.
 A shot of her stack and the Lower Lakes logo prominently displayed.
 One of her lifeboats.
 Another shot of the flag.
 Then I decided to go down to Marysville to catch her there.  There is a pretty nice place for viewing there.
 The almost three quarters shot.
 The straight out shot.
 I love the beam shot.
 A shot of her front.
 I timed it just right so that it looked like the smoke coming out of the stack on the other side of the river was coming from her.
And she continues down her way.  She was heading down to Toledo.

No comments: