Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Ever Lovely Kaye E. Barker Pays a Visit

So one of the ships I wanted to catch was the Kaye E. Barker.  It has been a while since I have seen her.
 I was seriously entertaining the idea of trying to catch her from over on the Canadian side but I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get through customs, so I went to one of my normal spots.
 I wasn't quite at the spot where I could get a head shot of her, but I was pretty close to it.  Sometimes I think I like this angle a little better anyway.
 She slowly works her way past the Blue Water Bridge.  She loaded taconite in Marquette.
 I think with the water levels a little higher than normal, she was able to load a little more than normal.
 She's set off against the Blue Water Bridge.
 An almost profile shot.
 A shot of her lovely bow and pilothouse.
 A better shot of her profile.
 And she continues her way down the St. Clair River.
A shot of her stern.  They don't make curved sterns like this anymore.  But she was delivering taconite to the steel plant in Dearborn.

No comments: