Monday, December 22, 2014

The Buffalo and Winding River

Since the Buffalo was the key to my possibly catching the Block, I figured I might as well monitor her progress.  I was excited as I saw that she was leaving the steel mill finally.
 I didn't really know the lay of the, so I looked for a spot where I figured I would get some decent pictures of her.  I'll have to admit, it was pretty cool to see a ship appearing to be on a street.
 A flock of seagulls waiting patiently for an easy meal.
 I'm not sure if it is standard procedure, but the Buffalo was backing out the Cuyahoga River.  It seemed like the river was barely big enough for her.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 One of the crew members waving.  I'll have to admit, it was pretty cool to see a ship this close.
 Another shot of the pilothouse.
 The Plimsol Marker.
 A shot of her bow.  One thing, it seemed like there were a bunch of seagulls.
 It seemed like it was a ship made out of seagulls.
 Then I decided to head back to Wendy Park to catch her leaving.
 A nice stern shot.
 She passes the Roman.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 She backs out towards Lake Erie.
 A shot as she backs into the entry.
 I kind of liked this shot.
And she started to head out.

No comments: