Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Darth Vader, Only You Could So Bold....

I set out at the beginning of the year to try to do at least a photograph a day.  Currently that is a bit of  challenge as it is getting dark when I leave work and the weather right now isn't the greatest.  So I figured, I would use this time as a time for experimenting with different things.  One of the easiest things to experiment with is lighting and different angles of lighting.
 So the first shot is just using the normal lighting in the room.  I kind of like it but it doesn't have the cool effect.
 For my next shot, I decided to use back lighting.  I think Darth Vader is a kind of silhouette guy and he has one of the most distinctive shadows in movie history.
 Next I was trying to evil under the face lighting.  Not really sure about this one.  I may have to mess with this angle more to get the effect I'm looking for.
 Direct light from the flashlight.  I like this one better than the first one.
 Next I tried a colored piece of plastic.  I was trying to get the effect that his lightsaber was the only thing producing the light.  I kind of like this one.
 But I think I like this one more.
 Then I pulled the camera out to get a fuller shot of him.  First up is the natural lighting of the room.
 Next, the flashlight.
 And then backlit.  I think I like this one the best of the bunch.  I can almost imagine the scene where he comes out in Empire Strikes Back.
 Then I figured I would add Luke to the fray.  He's in his outfit from Empire Strikes Back. 
 Next I was trying the backlit shot.  I kind of like the effect here and it almost reminds me of the scene from the movie.
 Just trying a different angle of the light.
One more light from overhead.

I may try to research film noir style and try to recreate that.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments: