Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Snowverine Passes Ypsilanti

I wandered out a little earlier in an attempt to catch the Wolverine but for whatever reason, I ended up missing it.  I wasn't going to go out to catch it again but I'm working on a paper model of the Edmund Fitzgerald and I ran out of glue.  I'm so close to finishing it that I decided to head back out to get some glue.  Since the east bound Wolverine was late, I decided to catch it.
 Just to give you an idea of just how much snow we are getting, I took a picture of the depot in case I missed it again. 
 Shortly after taking a picture of the Depot, I heard the happy sound of the train horn.  It wasn't quite kicking up as much snow as I thought it would but I don't think it was moving at the normal speed.
 It still looked pretty cool going through the snow storm.
 I'm not sure how much more snow we are supposed to get but we've already got a bunch.
 And the train starts to pass by.
 As the train passes by.  I think they are going to be doing some work on the tracks in this neck of the woods.  I wonder if that means we are going to get the commuter train.
 And it passes the depot.
I kind of liked the bank of fog behind the paper mill, so I grabbed a picture as I was heading back home.

Enjoy.

No comments: