Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas Day Spotting

 I was going to go boatwatching today but the weather up around the Soo decided differently for me.  Apparently the fog that has been plaguing around was really plaguing up there and shut down the river for a while.  Based on Marine Traffic tonight, I might need to figure out something different to do tomorrow too.

So I went over the airport.  I saw that there were a couple of planes I would be interested in catching.    First up was a CRJ-900 coming in from Buffalo.
One of the planes that I was interested in catching.
This one was a 757-300 coming in from Fort Myers.
The -300 is the stretch version.
Delta uses these mostly for Florida flights.  Occasionally I will see them coming from the west.
I like this one though.
And I like this picture.
A CRJ-900 coming in from Syracuse.
Another plane that I like.  This is a 717 and it is coming from Philadelphia.
The 717 is a descendant of the DC-9.
A CRJ-900 coming in from Dulles Airport.
This is a E175 coming in from White Plains.
Next up is the other plane I was interested in catching.
This is a 757-200 coming in from Atlanta.
The -200 is the non-stretch version.  These are becoming rarer.
And no winglets make it even rarer.
The clouds were pretty cool though.
A Spirit Airlines A320 coming in from Fort Launderdale.
A CRJ-900 from Albany.
And one from Richmond.
I put this picture in because you can see one of the planes on the upwind track.
And I leave with an A321 that came in from Boston.



No comments: