Saturday, December 9, 2023

The Alpena Passes By

 And this is the ship I was interested in catching.

With the pending demise of the Blough, I need a new favorite ship.
The Alpena has long been a favorite ship of mine.
She's pretty nice looking.
Her owners seem to take care of her.
I have a friend serving on her.
She passes by Detroit fairly often.
She also goes up to my home town every so often and it's nice to catch her there.
Her crew does her up for the holidays.
And she looks pretty nice at night.
I think you can see that in this picture.
The bow shot.
She was heading down from Alpena.
Which means she had a load of cement.
But that is all she ever carries.
She is heading down to Detroit.
Still getting some of the wind.
The sun was trying to peek out.
Which gave me a bit of pink sky.
One more with my regular camera.
I was still able to get my drone out.
I like this shot.
But I think I like this one more.
She passes by.
The almost beam shot.
And she continues on.
From this point, it is about 6 hours to her destination.
Maybe I'll catch her on the way back.
But I'm not sure since it's a long unload.


No comments: