Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Retrospective

I'm looking at my post count and I am seeing that I am near 500 posts for the year. When I started this blog at the beginning of last year, I never thought that I would have the staying power to make it this far. I thought I would get bored of taking pictures but that is tough as I try to see a variety of things. Admittedly, many of pictures here are repeat subjects but for the most part I try to do a variety of things.

One of the things I like about doing this blog is the fact that I learn alot more about the subjects I post about because I try to teach about the subject as well as take the picture of it. Sometimes I don't want to do that so the comments are sparse and I let the pictures do the talking. Anyways, I hope that you all enjoy that aspect of my blog.

I'll have to say that my favorite thing this year was the trip I took out west. As I said there, I'd never really been out west except for my trips to southern California, so I never realized just how vast this country was. I'm hoping to do a similar trip next year but I'm torn about whether I want to do a leg of the Empire Builder or a leg of the California Zephyr again. Both have their merits though. My second favorite thing has been the Michigan games I have gone to this year. I love Michigan football and never really took the chance to go to alot of games in a season so this year I took those chances and have enjoyed (although the Iowa game was frustrating). I can't wait to see Illinois and Wisconsin in the next month.

I hope that I am improving in my photography though. Sometimes I feel like I am and then sometimes I feel like it's the first day. But I guess that's one of the aspects of getting an SLR camera is that it can grow with you especially as you learn more about the ins and outs of it.

Hopefully I haven't bored you to tears. And please take some time to leave a comment to this post. Let me know if there is a subject you would like to see me tackle. Or if there is a subject you would like me to re-visit. I am especially looking for ideas for my 12 month series for next year.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about seasonal pictures of the Arboretum? (Unless you have already done this; I only started reading your blog in September.)