Monday, October 25, 2010

Yankee Air Force - Air Park

As I was heading home from Detroit, I decided to take a detour through Willow Run to get pictures of the Yankee Air Force Air Park. Unfortunately, it is tough to get pictures of because it is behind a fence (it used to be part of the museum before the museum burned down). The lighting for it was pretty good though and I was able to get pictures over the fence.

This is an F-4 Phantom. I believe it is painted like the plane flown by Robin Olds who was an ace during the Vietnam War.

This is the PB4Y-2 Privateer which was used by the Navy and Coast Guard. It is a version of the B-24 and differs by having the normal tail instead of the split tail. I believe this one was built at Willow Run.

This is the Canberra.

This is a B-52 Stratofortress.

The nose of the Privateer.

This is an A-6 that was in pieces. I liked the look of this shot.

No comments: