Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Barton Dam in February

So one of my current 12 month projects is the Barton Dam near Ann Arbor. I decided to stop by the dam on my way back from Mackinaw City. I didn't think it would be a nice day today as the clouds were pretty thick as we left Bay City but it cleared up really nice.

Just an overall shot of the ducks. Because the river is flowing pretty well there, there is a little bit of open water although it seems like there is less open water this time than last time.

As you can see, the water flowing from the dam has frozen pretty well.

I decided to get a closeup shot, so you can see the little bit of water that is flowing through.

I kind of liked the patters of the ice, so I zoomed in on it.

An even closer zoom.

A shot looking across the dam.

Another shot of the building.

Title fixed due to a comment from someone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shots! I can't say that I've seen any of the dams frozen in the winter. One point of clarification though... I believe this is actually the Barton Dam. The Argo Dam rests downstream near the intersection of Main and Depot Street

Mikoyan said...

Thank you....

Barton Dam it is.

Anonymous said...

I like the shots of the built-up ice (#4 and #5 in the post).