Thursday, May 2, 2013

....and the Blough

I found out that my favorite ship would be heading down to Ohio again.  As I looked at AIS, I saw that my best chance would be somewhere along the St. Clair River.  After taking picture of the cherry blossoms, it was off to M-29.
 As I rounded the curve, I saw the Blough up ahead but before I could take a picture of her, I had to snap a picture of this tug/barge.  The tug is the Michigan.  I don't have much information about her.  Nor did I have much time to take pictures of her, she was past the trees shortly after the shot.
 But that was irrelevant because it was the Blough I was after.  And the light was perfect for her.
 As I've said before, I love her front.  She still reminds me of a snapping turtle.
 It's a shame she's not a thousand footer, but she can still give them a run for their money.
 And she moves along slowly.
 Giving me a fairly nice shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse and I see why they call it golden light.
 I really like this shot.
 Another of her pilothouse.
 Her deckhouse.
 And she slowly moves out of view.
 The rear of her pilothouse.
 Her deckhouse again.
 She has probably one of the more unique stacks out there.
And she proudly flies the Stars and Stripes.
 
With any luck, I may be able to catch her on Saturday as well.

No comments: