Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cherry Blossoms.....

A friend at work asked me if I was planning on going to Belle Isle at some point in the near future because she wanted to know if the cherry blossoms were in bloom.  I wasn't actually that there were cherry blossoms on Belle Isle nor was I planning on going there this week.  That is until I found out about the cherry blossoms and their location.
 I'm always amazed at what can be found on Belle Isle.  There are many nice little treasures there.  These are one of them.
 I looks like they are nicely in bloom right now.
 I will have to say that they are a very photogenic plant.
 The are near the area of the Scott Fountain and lagoon.  Evidently there are a 100 of them (more about that later).
 Sadly, they are in the process of getting Belle Isle ready for the Grand Prix.  I say sadly because many of those things were getting in the way of some nice shots.  I had to move around a bit to get a shot of the fountain without too much of the moving van showing.  As it was, there were still cars in the picture.
 There was also a fence around the fountain which interfered with my shots.
 I was trying to get a shot with both the plants and the fountain in focus.  I guess I had to settle for just the plants but I still kind of like the shot.  It was a bit on the windy side too, so I couldn't quite get the shot I was looking for.
 I really like it when they are in a group like this.
 Or this.

 I really like it when you get some with some pinks in them.
 I tried the opposite for this shot.
 It was easier to get pictures of the flowers that were close to the tree itself.
 I really like that they are in a pretty nice row.
 This was probably my favorite of the group shots.
 Just so you remember that we are in fact in Detroit.
 Another shot of the fountain.
 More blossoms.
 As I said, there are 100 cherry trees around the lagoon.  They were donated by the groups above.  I think that was kind of cool.
 Another shot of the Scott Fountain.
 I believe these are tulips in front of the fountain.
 I'm not quite sure about this shot.
 But I do like this one.
 I tried to get a shot of the fountain with the plants.
 One more shot of the cherry blossoms.
And kind of a shot of the city.

I will have to come back this weekend to get other shots of the cherry trees.  I'll have to say they are pretty cool.

No comments: