Monday, May 13, 2013

Mackinac Bridge in the Snow

So I decided to head up to the Upper Peninsula over the weekend.  I was not prepared for the weather that I was about to experience.  It had been fairly nice for the past week or so.  But as I got further north, the weather got worse.
 However, bad weather often makes for good photography.  This is a fog and snow shrouded Mackinac Bridge.  I wish it were a little more visible.
 The tower is a little more visible in this shot.
 And then I started to move around the park.
 Of course I had to get a picture of the Old Mackinac Lighthouse.
 But it was actually snowing and that played havoc with my lens.  I had a tough time keeping it clean.
 But I soldiered on and still tried to get shots of the Bridge.  At least the second tower is a little more visible here.
And one more snow covered shot of the lighthouse.

No comments: