Saturday, May 4, 2013

Oh Look, It's the Cuyahoga

I didn't set out to go boatwatching, really.  It just sort of happened but when I saw that the Cuyahoga was working her way down Lake Huron and into the St. Clair River, I had to stick around.
 I'm not sure how many more years she has left.  So I'll try to catch her when I can because she's a pretty neat looking ship.
 Looks tiny compared to the Bridge though.
 A closer shot of her.
 She cuts a nice quarter view too.
 Her pilothouse.  She is also flying the "Don't Give Up the Ship" flag.  I think in commoration of the War of 1812.
 A shot of her against the Bridge again.
 A profile of her pilothouse.
 Another side shot.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 And her deckhouse.  I think Lower Lakes has a pretty nice paint scheme but I'm not so sure about that stack logo.  It reminds me too much of the Blackhawks hockey team.
 And she works her way down the river.
 So then I decided to head down to the Maritime Center.  I was hoping that I could catch some more shots of the Blough but instead, I decided to get the Cuyahoga in my rearview mirror.
 A better profile shot of her.
 One more of her pilothouse.
 One more profile.
 Pilothouse.
And she heads for Marysville and points beyond.

1 comment:

tugboathunter said...

Let's just say, she'll be here when all the Algoma classics, and non-classics, are gone.