Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Saying Good Bye to Seattle

Well it's almost time for me to say good bye to Seattle and hop on the next leg of my journey.  In a few minutes, I will be hoping on the Coast Starlight to continue on to Emeryville/San Francisco.  I am waiting in King Street Station which looks a lot nicer than the last time I was here.  They did a really nice job with its restoration.
 One last look at Seattle as I head into the station.  I kind of liked the curve of the canopy in this shot.   Seattle was a pretty nice city and I hope to come back.
 A shot of the tower of the station.  This is one of the aspects of old stations that I like.  I seem to remember the station in Portland had some pretty sound advice.
And one of the best combinations of words in the English language - "To trains".  I may do a post tonight of a picture from along the way.

No comments: