Saturday, May 4, 2013

Belle Isle Redux

After the Cuyahoga, I decided to head back to Belle Isle.  I was hoping to catch some more pictures of the cherry blossoms since it wasn't as windy today.
 The Scott Fountain shot from across the Scott Lagoon.  It was a nice enough day for wandering around though.
 And it wasn't quite as windy today, so I think I had a chance to get some better pictures of the cherry blossoms.
 I tried to get this one set against the sky.
 As I was shooting pictures, I heard this guy flying over.  Sadly, I was just carrying my camera and not my camera bag, so I couldn't switch lenses.
 I really like the blossoms shot against the other blossoms.
 They say threes the best.
 I just wish they weren't doing stuff for the race with this.  I'm not thrilled with the crash barrier in the background.
 I tried to get a shot of the fountain against the trees.
 I also had to get the city against the blossoms.  This time I shot at f/36, so the city would be in focus too.
 The Scott Fountain again.  this time with the flowers in front of it.
 One of the flowers in front of the fountain.
 Another one of the flowers.
 Moving up closer to the fountain itself.
 I like the view of the skyline from this spot.
 Some of the details of the fountain.  I believe there is a sculpture representative of most industry in Michigan.
 The fountain bowl.  I love the little cherubs.
 More details on the fountain.
 One of the lions.
 A sculpture of the person who the fountain is named after.
 A closeup of his face.
 I tried to get a shot with the city in the background.
 One of the turtles.
 Another lion.
 Another angle of the fountain.
Another stand of trees.
 I tried to get some of the lagoon in this shot.
 More blossoms.  I think they were a little pinker today.
 And another group.
 Three's a crowd.
 Looking up at the sky.
 The stand of trees from another angle.  I just with the radio towers and stuff weren't in the background.
 This part of the fountain leads into the lagoon.  I don't think I've taken pictures of this before.
 A water catch.
 I would have liked this picture if it were straighter and those people weren't climbing all over the fountain.
 Another shot of the blossoms.
 Looking down the row of trees.  Again, I wish the guard weren't there.  But oh well.
And a shot of the skyline before heading back to my car.

Hope you enjoyed those shots.

No comments: