Monday, August 24, 2015

And the Party

I couldn't do much shipwatching because I was going to a party with my mom.  We were meeting her cousins (they are my great aunt's kids and I'm not sure how they fit in with me...second cousins?).  One of her cousins used to sail in the Port Huron-Mackinac Race and we used to gather his sister's house to watch them pass.  He unfortunately died and we stopped having those gatherings.  I think this is an attempt to get something similar going.
I honestly had no idea what to expect but I was definitely not expecting to see a live band.
 The band was actually pretty good and it presented me an opportunity to take pictures of a band.  This is something I've wanted to do but I didn't want to run afoul of "no photography" rules.
 It was also nice to get pictures of a band in natural lighting.  Any concerts I've been to have used stage lights and that's not the easiest thing to shoot pictures of.
 This guy filled in for a song and was pretty good too.
 The bassist.
 One of the guitarists.
 Another guitarist.
 A full shot of the band.
 Singing.
I slowed the shutter speed down a bit to get some motion in the drumsticks.

All in all, I had a pretty good time.

No comments: