Monday, November 30, 2015

The Holland Lighthouse

Like I said in my last post, I thought I had 5 hours to kill.  So I grabbed breakfast at a place called Stanz in Grand Haven.  It wasn't too bad but the staff seemed a bit hurried.  After breakfast, I decided to head down to Holland and South Haven.  It has been a while since I've caught either.
 There is a nice little park across the River from the lighthouse.  The only drawback was that I would be shooting into the sun for most of these pictures.  It kind of wreaked havoc with my light meter.
 Still, this is a very nice looking lighthouse and the river was fairly calm.  I really want to come back here when the waves are going strong though.  I'm not sure how much of an impact they would have on this lighthouse though.
 Her nickname is "Big Red" and you can see why.
 I'll have to say that they do a pretty good job of maintaining her.
 As I said, the lighting made it tough.
One more shot before heading to South Haven.

No comments: