Saturday, January 30, 2016

And the Grand Haven Lighthouse

My next stop was Grand Haven.  I should have gotten up sooner because apparently the light I probably wanted to hit was the St. Joseph Light.  Oh well, maybe next weekend if the weather isn't too nasty.
The path out to the lighthouse was a little more treacherous.  There was a quite a bit of ice and it was built up which made it uneven.
 I did manage to make it out to the lighthouse itself though.  You can kind of see what the path looked like.
 Looking up at the tower.
 I didn't want to venture out to the other light because the path looked even worse but as you can see, there were people that were willing to do so.
 Both of them.
 Funny thing is that there aren't usually people on this side.
 Kind of an overall view of the channel.
 I kind of liked the effect here.
 The view from the beach.
Apparently the catwalk needs some work.  The Army Corps of Engineers is doing some work to the pier and the catwalk needs to be raised four inches or they are going to remove it.  Also, there are some elements that are in disrepair.  The City of Grand Haven would like to raise $1.5 million in order to do so.  If I find information for donating, I will post it here.  I think the lighthouse wouldn't look the same without it.

No comments: