Sunday, January 17, 2016

Waking up to the Manitoulin

Yesterday was a busy day for me.  I had a basketball game at 2:00 but I also saw that there were a couple of ships heading down before then.  Since the season is rapidly winding down, I decided to head up to Port Huron to catch those.
 The first was the Manitoulin which is the newest addition to the Great Lakes.  Amazingly, she's already appeared on this blog.
 One nice thing about the spot I was watching her from is that fact that I get a chance for two headshots.  The first is as the ship makes her first turn off Lake Huron.
 I do have to admit that the Manitoulin is a fairly nice looking ship, but I'm not sold on the boom on the front.
 As you can see, she had an icy passage down Lake Huron.
 A close up of her icy boom.
 Backdropped against the Blue Water Bridge.
 The weather was fairly nice yesterday but still a little cold.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 you can see a couple of ships that are laid up in front of her bow.
And one more shot as she continues on her way.  I believe she was heading down to Toledo.  I'm not sure if she is heading for lay up or to pick up cargo.

No comments: