Friday, January 8, 2016

On the Radar - 2016

I meant to do this post a little sooner but it is still early enough in the year to look ahead to the new year.  I try to do one of these posts every year so that folks know what to look forward to.  One of the nice things about Airborne Early Warning aircraft is that they can see what is over the horizon.
Despite not doing anything major travel wise last year, I had a pretty full year.  I still intend to have a pretty full year again this year.  Of course there is going to the usual compliment of planes, trains and ships.  There will be at least the rest of the Eastern Michigan basketball season but I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to want to cover next season but we will see.  I'm pretty sure that I will catch the Auto Show again this year.  I'm also going to catch the Willow Run Airshow again this year.  I would like to try to catch some others though.  I will definitely take the train to Chicago for National Train Day.

As for probable things, I would like to take a long distance train trip again.  Not sure if I want to do the Empire Builder or Southwest Chief though.  I think there are some covered bridges down near Cincinnati (or maybe east of there) that I would like to check out.  In continuing my look at the Great Lakes, I think I would like to see the Eisenhower Lock in New York.  I might have to pick a time when the shipping season is in the thick of things.  I would also like to try to catch the cherry blossoms in Washington again.

I think all of this will make for a full year.


No comments: