Saturday, January 9, 2016

Lunch at the Huron Room

One thing I would like to do more of is sample some of the restaurants that I pass on my way to my photography.
 I saw a post about this place on Facebook not too long ago.  It is called the Huron Room and is within the shadow of the Michigan Central Train Station.  I'm not sure when it opened but I am going to guess that it wasn't too long ago.
 It's kind of cool that it uses the Huron Lightship for it's logo.  It kind of brings me to a happy place.
 There is a mural of the Huron on the inside of the building.  The menu features a selection of Michigan based foods but the biggest slide is dedicated to Great Lakes fish.
 I didn't get a picture of my lunch but I ordered lake perch and a bowl of seafood chowder.  The food was a little on the pricy side but pretty good.  I would consider stopping here again.
 Behind the bar there is a nice map of Lake Huron.
 The bar features a bunch of different Michigan based beers.
I decided to get a dessert of a berry pie and ice cream.  It was pretty good as well.

No comments: