Saturday, November 19, 2016

Ending With the Herbert C. Jackson

Next I decided to head up to Port Huron to catch a ship that I haven't seen in a while.
 I was actually hoping to see her in Grand Haven a couple weeks ago, but the weather wasn't cooperating then.  The Herbert C. Jackson was laid up for the past year while they were replacing her steam engine with a diesel engine.  This will allow her to serve for quite a while longer.
 She was returning from the Rouge River after delivering a load of iron to the steel mill.
 She makes her turn towards Lake Huron.
 Probably one of my favorite shots.
 The clouds still look pretty ominous.
 And she is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 And the water had a nice shade of blue here too.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
She is currently on her way to Meldrum Bay but she is hugging the east coast of Michigan on her way up.  I think that is so she has some shelter against the wind.

No comments: