Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Anna Scripps Conservatory Again...

Last time I visited here, the lighting wasn't that great and I wasn't too happy with the pictures I took. Since I was just wandering around the Island aimlessly, I decided to stop here and take some more pictures of the Conservatory Building. One of these days, I will have to visit when it is open so that I can get some pictures of the inside.It was built in 1904 and designed by Albert Kahn. His inspiration was Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. In the 1950's, the wooden frame was replaced by iron and aluminum. It was named after Anna Scripps after she donated her large orchid collection.
When I visited last, I didn't realize this was actually a koi pond. Unfortunately, it was a little to murky to see them.
I really like the lily pads.
And this oriental looking thing.

No comments: