Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Rainy Time at the Zoo

I was up at the other office today, so I decided to stop at the Detroit Zoo (membership is fun) on the way home. I wasn't sure if the weather was going to cooperate though but I decided to stop anyway. The temperature was about right to walk around.This is the Marshall Frederick statue that greets you as you enter the Zoo. Of all the times I have passed by this, I never noticed there was a little waterfall in front of it.
I believe this is a vulture but I'm not sure what kind it is.
A group of those vultures.
A pair of camels or two pairs of camel humps.
A closeup of the head of the Horace Rackham fountain at the center of the zoo.
They are doing some sort of dinosaur exhibit right now. I didn't have a chance to look at this, I think I will try the next time I visit.
A flamingo.
A shot of the bald eagle. It was about at this time that it started to rain, so that kind of cut my enjoyment of the zoo. There was a little tree here, so I had some shelter.
I moved on to some of the other exhibits. I believe this a fallow deer.
And this is a Przewlaski’s horse.
And another fallow deer.
I rarely get to see the bear, so I was happy to get this shot. He looks kind of cute.
Anyways, they were in the process of renovating the wolverine enclosure, so I didn't get to see him but I did find out where they moved him...so next time. It wasn't too bad of an hour though despite the rain.

No comments: