Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Fog Covered CSL Welland Moves Down the River

I really like shooting in fog because it adds moodiness and atmosphere to shots.  However, there is a limit to this.
 When I started yesterday, it was probably a little too foggy.  Like I said in the last post, I could barely see to the center of the channel.  I do like the obscured look in this shot but it was kind of difficult to focus.
 I decided to get some pictures of the lighthouse (more on that later) and then headed down the river to get other shots.  I was actually hoping the fog would clear up as I headed down.  I guess it did a little bit.
 Again, I like the kind of obscured shots.  I like it that you can make out the bow but not really the pilothouse.
 As the ship moved a little closer, I could make out more of her.
 I really like this shot.
 And then she headed down the river.
 Then I headed down to Marine City.  The fog was a little better, but not much.
 The ship was a little clearer here but not much.
 I was able to get the shot I wanted though.
 The almost full beam shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues down the river.  I believe she was heading to Montreal with a load of grain from Thunder Bay.

No comments: