Thursday, December 24, 2015

The CSL St. Laurent

It wasn't too long for me to catch the next ship.  Like I said, they were fairly tightly grouped together.
 The CSL St. Laurent is one of the new ships that was built in China.  She is what is known as a straight decker because she is lacking self unloading equipment.
 Typically these vessels are used for transporting grains.  They are unloaded by giant claw like things.
 I think she was heading to Port Colborne, but I'm not sure where she was heading from. 
 After a stop at Port Colborne, she will be heading up to Montreal.  After that, I presume she will be laying up because the Welland Canal closes December 31st.
 Although she could be used in the part of the St. Lawrence Canal on the other side of the Welland Canal.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues on her way.

No comments: