Saturday, December 12, 2015

Morning With the Manitoba

I looked at AIS last night and saw that there would be a few ships passing Port Huron early this morning.  So  I decided to set my alarm early enough that I could catch them there.  That meant getting up at 5:30 or so.  That also meant putting the coffee maker on automatic so the coffee would be ready when I woke up.
 The ship that I really wanted to catch was the Manitoba.  She is a classic laker and rumors have her facing the scrapyard at the end of this season.  Judging by her appearance, I have a feeling those rumors may end up being true.
 She glides past the Blue Water Bridge.  Even though she is showing signs of hard use, I think she is a pretty nice looking ship.
 Another shot sort framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 She is on her way to the port of Sorel which is on the other side of Montreal on the St. Lawrence River.
 I presume that she is carrying a load of grain for there, but I'm not sure.
A shot of her deckhouse.
 She continues on her way down the river.
 A shot of her stern.  I love the older sterns.
 Next I headed over to Marine City.  I have a feeling this might be the last time I catch her and I wanted to make sure I got good shots of her.
 An almost beam shot.
 Another shot of her deckhouse.
And one more shot of her before moving on.

No comments: