Saturday, December 12, 2015

American Courage Heading Past Marine City

The next ship was slightly ahead of the Manitoba.
 The American Courage was about a half hour or so ahead of the Manitoba.  I saw her on the River as I arrived in Port Huron but my real target was the Manitoba.  It's not that I don't like the American Courage, it's that I wanted to catch the Manitoba.
 On AIS, the American Courage has her destination listed as "The Crooked River" which is funny because that's the English Translation of Cuyahoga.  So she is headed for Cleveland.  I'm not sure where she is heading from.
 If she loaded in Silver Bay, Two Harbors or Duluth, she could have picked up a load of ore for the steel mill there.
 If she loaded in Stoneport or Calcite, she could have a load of stone for Cleveland.  It's not likely that she has grain though.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues her way down the river.  From this point it will be another 10 or so hours until she arrives at her destination.

No comments: