Tuesday, December 29, 2015

One of Those Days

Every so often I have one of those days where I don't really catch anything.   I was watching the river traffic on AIS and I saw what I though was a couple of ships heading upbound.  Well, two of them ended up stopping in Detroit for fuel, so I didn't want to go up to Port Huron for one ship.  There were also a couple of ships heading downbound but I got too late of a start for them.
So then I thought I would head down to Deshler to catch some trains.  In the time I was there, I didn't see any trains but of course I saw a few as I headed back to I-75.  Then I thought I would catch the Saginaw as she was heading down the Maumee River.  She only went as far as the Nabisco Dock, so I didn't get pictures of her.

So as a consolation prize, here's a picture of the Col. James M. Schoonmaker.  Enjoy.

No comments: