Sunday, December 20, 2015

A Visit to the Capitol Building

I was going to meet my cousin in Kalamazoo yesterday, so that meant that I was passing through Lansing.  While I was there, I decided to get some pictures of the Capitol Building.
 I'll have to admit that it looks pretty cool decorated up.
 Another shot of the tree.
 I love the Austin Blair statue in front of the building.  He seems to be the ideal that politicians should live up to. 
 Another angle of the statue.
 Looking at it with the dome.
 And one more angle.
 Looking up at the building.
 There is a manger set up.  Personally, I don't get the controversy surrounding the mangers on public lands.  But I do have a caveat for that.....
 They should include decorations from other religions.  Christianity isn't the only major religion that celebrates a major holiday around the Winter Solstice.
 But it's sad that they need a sign like this.
 There is also a Satan one.  It's the price you pay for religious freedom I guess.
 I'm still not sure about the cannons.
 Another angle of the Capitol Building.
 My favorite statue.
And my other favorite statue.


No comments: