Thursday, December 24, 2015

And the Algorail

The next ship was the main reason I decided I wanted to head up to Port Huron.
 The Algorail works her way around the paper plant from Lake Huron as she starts to make the turn to enter the St. Clair River Channel.
 She was headed from Milwaukee, Wisconsin with a load of salt for Sarnia.  I believe this is her last load of the season.
 I'm hoping that this isn't her last load period.  The Algorail is one of my favorite ships and I would hate to see her heading for the scrap heap.  But with a couple more foreign built ships that are heading for Algoma's fleet, that is probably inevitable.
 I'm not going to worry too much about that until her time comes.
 Until then, I will try to catch her as much as I can.
 A nice side shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And deckhouse.
At this point, I believe she was starting to make her turn to enter the dock.

No comments: