Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Last Ship of the Year

I can't believe it's been a year already.  I guess time flies when you are having fun.  My first ship of the year was the Cuyahoga which is a classic laker.  I suppose it's only appropriate that I end the year with one that isn't.
 The H. Lee White was heading down to Monroe.  I assume she is going there with a load of coal for the power plant but I'm not sure.
 So I found sort of a new spot on Belle Isle for taking pictures of ships.  It's not one of the better spots but I couldn't make it in time to catch her on the end of the island.
 She is one of a handful of "river" class boats and is designed with the Cuyahoga River in mind.  I think she's made a few trips down that River. 
I was going to stick around to catch another ship but she was about an hour and a half behind.  The weather was looking a little iffy not to mention that it was pretty cold as I was taking my pictures.  I think our weather gift has left us for now.
It was still pretty fun taking pictures.
I think the Welland Canal officially closed today and the Soo Locks will be closed in two weeks, so I need to get whatever boatwatching I want to get done soon.

No comments: