Thursday, April 5, 2018

Can't Keep My Eyes Off the Circling Sky

So for as long as I can remember I have liked planes.  I think my mom said she used to take me to the airport when I was a kid.  I still like to go to the airport to catch planes.  I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the airport tonight, but when I found out the planes were coming in from the north and it was partly sunny, I figured it would be a good night to go.
 I arrived just in time to see this CRJ-900 arriving from Atlanta.  Not that it is anything special to catch one of these, since it seems like every other plane is a CRJ.
 Next up was the A330 arriving from Amsterdam.  Even though I'm not an Airbus fan, I think these are neat planes.
 One of the planes that I was waiting for was the Royal Jordanian 787-8 arriving from Montreal.  I'm not sure how much longer it will stop in Montreal but it's kind of nice since it means it arrives in the evening.
 This is the plane for the 100th Anniversary of Royal Jordanian.  I also think it is the plane that I have a 1/500th scale model of.
 Next up is an ERJ-170 belonging to Republic Airlines but flying for Delta Connection.  It was arriving from Buffalo.
 It was followed by a CRJ-900 arriving from White Plains, New York.
 On the other runway was an MD-83 belonging to American Airlines.  It has a tail number of N865TW which means it used to wear TWA livery at one time.  This particular plane was arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth.  I've heard that these planes will be disappearing soon. 
 An Air Canada Express plane arriving from Toronto.
 It wasn't too long before I saw the other plane I was waiting for.  Last time I caught this plane, I had to go to my other spot to catch her because she was landing on one of the 22s.  This time she was landing on 21L.
 It of course is the Air France flight from Paris.
 I caught the A350 from Beijing landing on the other runway.
 This is the Jet Blue flight from Boston.  I never noticed before but they put little sayings on the nose.  It's kind of cool.
 A United Airlines A319 arriving from San Francisco.
 I didn't catch any 757s tonight, but the A321 is pretty close.  This one was arriving from Minneapolis.
 A CRJ-700 arriving from Birmingham, NY.
 It was followed by a 737 arriving from Portland.
 Before I left, I checked FlightRadar24 one more time.  There is usually a Fed Ex DC-10 or MD-11 that arrives from Memphis.
Tonight's FedEx Flight was an MD-11.  Another thing I never noticed before, FedEx names their planes.  This particular one is named Christina.

No comments: