Friday, April 27, 2018

Michigan Exposures Welcomes...

A friend of mine posted that the Algoma Sault would be making her way upbound tonight.  I think this is her inaugural trip on the Great Lakes.
 She was built in China last year and has been working her way from there to the lakes.  I think she made a stop in Quebec somewhere for some additional work and then she would be ready to make her first run.
 She is making her way to Indiana Harbor, but I'm not sure if she's delivering or picking up.  At anyrate, it is nice to catch a ship on her first run.
 Many people do not like these Chinese builds, but I don't think they are that bad looking.  But then again, I don't let my politics get in the way of aesthetics.
 While I don't like what the Chinese builds represent, I'm not going to let that get in the way of appreciating these ships.
 It's nice to see some new blood on the Lakes.
 Based on other lake carriers, I assume we will see these for a while.
She makes her way up to Lake Huron.

No comments: