Thursday, August 31, 2017

A New Visitor

So on Saturday I decided to go boatwatching.  I saw that there was a ship I'd never seen before coming down.  There was also a ship that I'm not sure how many more chances I will get to see her.
 The Algoma Strongfield is the fourth ship of the Algoma Equinox class.  Like the other ships of the class, she was built in China.
 She left her shipyard in China on April 3, 2017 and almost two months later, she found herself in the Great Lakes.
 Her first delivery was a load of iron ore from Port Cartier to Hamilton, Ontario.
 In this series of shots, she was heading from Thunder Bay to Quebec City.
 I'm not sure what she was carrying though.
 Strongfield is located in Saskatchewan and is a source of much of the Canadian grain.
 She will likely being carrying grain.
And she continues on.

No comments: