Thursday, August 31, 2017

A Rare Visitor

The next ship was following fairly closely behind the Frontenac, so I decided to stick around to catch her.
 Next up is the Pacific Huron.  She is one of many salties that visits the Great Lakes but I'm not sure that she visits the Great Lakes as many as some of the other ships.
 Last time I saw her was in 2011 in roughly the same spot.
 She was built in 2010 as the Seven Islands.  She was given her current name in the same year.  She is owned by Freese Shipping out of Stade, Germany.  Like many foreign ships, she is flagged in a different country.  In this case, Antigua and Barbuda which is in the Caribean.
 As I was taking this picture, she was on her way to Montreal but I'm not sure what she was carrying.  If I had to venture a guess, it was grain.  While she is in Montreal, she will likely pick up another load to carry overseas.
And one more shot of her.

No comments: