Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The Sunset Wolverines

After catching the Yankee Lady, I decided to look at the Wolverine and see where it was.  There is usually one that passes Ypsilanti around 6:30 to 7:00.  I saw that I had a chance to catch both the Westbound and Eastbound Wolverines.
 The Eastbound Wolverine is number 352.  It leaves Chicago at 12:50 PM (Central Time).  Normally it would stop at Ann Arbor at 6:16 and Ypsilanti about 10 minutes later.  Tonight it was about a half hour late.
 If I wasn't planning on catching the westbound Wolverine soon after this one passed, I would have moved to the other side of the Depot.
 But still not a bad shot.
 I don't normally like rear shots of trains, but this one is kind of cool.
 The nice thing about shooting the Eastbound Wolverine, is that I had the sun to my back.  The lighting was just about perfect.
 This particular Wolverine is number 355.  It leaves Pontiac at 5:40 PM and normally passes Ypsilanti around 7:10.  Tonight it was about 10 minutes late.  It would normally arrive in Chicago at 10:56 PM (Central Time).
It actually has been a while since I've caught the evening Wolverines, so this was kind of cool.

No comments: