Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The American Century Heading Downbound

The next ship was kind of surprise since I didn't look at what was coming downbound.
 As I was looking to see where the Blough was, I saw that the American Century was just around the bend just north of St. Clair.
 I'm always happy to see a thousand footer.  And despite the ominous sounding title, I think we will overcome any current adversity.
 I think the American Century was heading to Detroit but I'm not sure what she was carrying.
 Anyway, she was pretty cool to see.
 It almost looks like the guy on the bow is fishing but I think he watching out ahead.
 With lake levels higher this year, ships can load a little more.
 A shot of one of her stacks.
 And she makes her way down the St. Clair River.
 I went to the boat launch just south of Marine City in order to catch the Blough.  I was able to catch the American Century again. 
 I really liked the looks of the clouds. 
A shot of her pilothouse.

No comments: