Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Following the Philip R. Clarke

I ended up taking yesterday off as well.  I was getting ready to spend a quiet afternoon at home but then I looked at Marine Traffic and saw that my favorite ship was heading upbound.  I decided to head up to St. Clair to catch her.
 I was actually thinking about heading out earlier to catch the Clarke as she passed Detroit.  Unfortunately,  I got too late of a start so I had to catch her at St Clair.
 Fortunately, I made it just in time to catch her.  If I had been about 10 minutes later, I would have missed her.
 Which would be a shame because she is a beautiful boat.
 And it was a pretty nice day.  I really love the blue of the water.
 I think she was heading up to Calcite to pick up a load of limestone.
Not sure what her next destination after that would be though.

No comments: