Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Couple Buildings on Eastern's Campus

Since I was fairly close, I decided to take a couple pictures of a couple of the buildings on Eastern Michigan's campus. I don't have too many pictures of Eastern's campus on this blog.

This is the McKenny Union. Construction was completed in 1931 and the building was named after Charles McKenny, who was the President of then Michigan State Normal College. This building was built in a Collegiate Gothic structure which was popular in the US at the time. In 1963 and 1992 there were renovations to the building. The 1963 one, expanded the building to include the bookstore.

This is Welch Hall which was built in 1897. This was used as an actual school in order to train teachers. In 1982, the building was closed for a while until it was seriously renovated. I remember when I first went to Eastern in 1987 and saw this building, it was an eyesore. Now its pretty nice.

No comments: