Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wolverines at the Zoo

Today's Photo Assignment was to Make a photograph today with a central point of interest in it. I was up in the Troy office today, so I decided to head to the Zoo during my lunch hour. If you've been to this blog enough you know two things: I like wolverines and the Detroit Zoo has them. So I headed right to the wolverine pen to get my shots for the day.

This is probably not quite what the assignment is looking for but it does kind of show how wolverines move. They kind of make a loping motion which while it looks ungainly it is perfect for the snow covered areas they tend to live in.

I actually thought this shot was kind of cute. He was rolling his back on the ground like he was scratching it.

This one is probably closer to the assignment. But it's funny, when this particular wolverine is active, he will go to different points in the enclosure and almost pose.

This one is a little closer to the assignment I think.

And I think this one nailed it.

I like this shot because it looks like he is saying, "Bring on the Buckeyes".

This is the other wolverine.

And I think this one nailed it too.

No comments: