Sunday, January 30, 2011

In the Shadows of the Statue

So today's photo assigment was to make a photograph using hard light today. Feature the crisp and strong shadows as a major element of your photograph. So I headed over to the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History in Ann Arbor.

I got the first part of the assignment down, I think. It was a nice, bright sunny day, so I had the hard light. Although the shadow doesn't feel like a part of the picture in this one.

Nor does the shadow feel like a part of the picture in this one.

It definately it's a part of the picture in this one, although I do like this shot. I think I'd like it a little more if it were straighter.

Now this one, the shadow seems like it might be a column or something, so I think this one gets closer to the objective of the assignment.

Same with this one. It seems a little more part of the picture.

No comments: