Saturday, January 15, 2011

More Pictures of the Eagles....Again...

I had to go up to my mom's again today, so that meant a stop by the eagles' nest. It was pretty cool because there were at least 20 of them in the immediate area. There may have been even more because they were all over the trees in that particular area.

This is one of the eagles just sitting in the tree. It was kind of wierd, the other eagles flew away and this one stayed behind and just watched me.

This was another eagle that stuck around.

So after I got done with what I had to do for my mom, I went back to the eagles spot. And a good number of them were flying.

This is a pair of the younger eagles flying. It's amazing watching an eagle in flight because they are so graceful once thet get enough airspeed to glide. I think it was pretty windy up there because many times they were just bucking the wind.

One of the older eagles flying.

And this is a sight that I thought I would never see in my lifetime. There were 11 eagles pretty close to each other.

I kind of like this shot, even though it's a little on the blurry side.

This is a shot of the eagle making a banking turn.

A pair of eagles in flight. It was almost as if the older eagle was leading the younger eagles.

A shot of the eagle as it flew right over me.

Another shot of the older eagle in flight.

And another....

I'm not sure what was most impressive in this. Seeing a bunch of eagles in flight or seeing the eagle confab in the tree. As I said in my last post dealing with the eagles, I'm glad that we decided as a nation that some species were worth protecting. It would have been a shame to only be able to see our national bird in pictures especially since they dont' do it justice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I haven't seen a congregation of eagles since Alaska.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!
(via cs.com ;) )

Prettypics123 said...

Mikoyan, Thanks for coming by Levonne's Pretty Pics and leaving your comments. I appreciate it. Love the eagles in the tree. That is an incredible capture!

Anonymous said...

There is a majesty about eagles that is really inspirational. I can understand Ben Franklin's preference for the wild turkey as our national symbol, but I'm glad the bald eagle won out. Thanks for your dedication to your hobby and for your efforts at getting and sharing these really great shots!

(Bob from Buckleyville)

Anonymous said...

What amazing photos! I envy you, that must've been a magnificent sight. :)